LinkShare Referral Program
If you have a school or business in the Metro Atlanta area that you would like to be added to this page, please use our Business submission request form
Christian Homeschool Schools/Elective Classes
- King's Academy - Grades K - 12; Mon/Wed or Tues/Fri - Full curriculum/hybrid school. As a student at The King’s Academy, your child will be in classroom instruction for 12 hours a week in Literature, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Mathematics, Computer, Spanish, Art and Music. The School Teacher will provide the student with assignments that build continuity into the program
- Great Oak Academy- provides a nurturing environment where students explore God's beautiful creation through hands-on science experiments and activities in a fully-equipped science lab. Great Oak Academy is located between Roswell, Marietta, and Woodstock, GA near Highway 92 and Sandy Plains Rd.
- Living Science - Woodstock, GA - K -12 - A Christ-centered, educational home school study center where discipleship is the foundation for all learning. We provide a comprehensive creation-based education for students that helps them discover God’s divine design in the world, while transforming families and the community.
- Classical School - East Cobb/Roswell - One day a week - The Grammar Stage - For grades 3 and 4.Includes history, literature, English grammar, writing, introduction to Latin, and math enrichment. The Dialectic Stage - Grades 5 through 8 - Includes history, literature, Bible studies, Logic, Latin, English grammar, and worldview studies. The Rhetoric Stage - High school - Small group tutorials focusing on in-depth studies in history, literature, theology, economics and government.
- Ve ritas Classical Schools -
- Woodstock, GA - Meets at Woodstock Community Church - Humanities classes meet on Thursdays from 9:00 am -2:00 pm - K -12
- Alpharetta/Roswell -
- Meets at Tapestry Community Church (Grades K-12th for Math & Science, Grades K-6th for Humanities on Wednesday, Grades 1st-12th on Thursdays) 800 Hembree Road Roswell, Georgia 30076
- Meets at Restoration Church of God (Grades 7th-12th for Humanities on Wednesdays) 410 Rucker Road, Roswell, Georgia 30004
- West Cobb - Meets at Burnt Hickory Church of Christ - 2330 Burnt Hickory Road Kennesaw, GA 30152
- Cordis Academy - Marietta, GA 30060 - Tuesdays & Thursdays; 9:00 - 3:00 - K-12
- HEDGE - Home Educators Devoted to Growth and Development - Woodstock, GA - comprehensive,
integrated-study cooperative class format, held on Tuesday and Thursday
afternoons at Hillside United Methodist Church.
- Harmony House - HEArts - Home Enrichment in the Arts - Fall 2012 - classes meet Tues, Wed and/or Friday. $60 early bird registration fee if registered by April 27th at 5 PM. Grades K-12.
- CHAT - Christians Homeschoolers assembling together - Cartersville, GA - A Christian homeschool co-op designed to reinforce and
enhance homeschooling in Bartow county and surrounding areas.
- Classical Conversations (National program)
- Marietta - We meet at Holt Road Baptist Church on Wednesdays for ages 4 - 6th
grade from 9am-12pm (morning session covers 7 academic subjects, science
experiements, fine arts, and presentations) and classes for 4th-6th
graders covering Grammar, Writing, and Math from 12:30 -2:30pm.
Contact Melodee Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Kennesaw - Foundations (ages 4 through 6th Grade) and Essentials (4th - 6th Graders) available. Also providing a Challenge A and B program for 7th and 8th graders. Registrations is now open. Meets on Tuesdays. Contact Shannon Causby for more information.
- True North Homeschool - Kennesaw, GA - christian homeschool organization offering enrichment classes to support homeschool families. Grades K-12.
- Trinity Homeschool Depot (changing names to Hearts Academy of Excellence) - Serving families of West Cobb, Douglas and Paulding Counties. We provide tutorial classes for all grades, enrichment and field trip opportunities, and home school support. Tel: 770 439 9235
- Compass Prep - Woodstock, GA - unique educational program designed to help students identify their gifts and pursue their particular calling. Our program accepts all types of students ranging from those who are college bound to those who have special needs. Compass Prep Academy is hybrid Tuesday/Thursday school, with a Wednesday option for Art and Foreign Language.They offer Pre-School - 12th grade. Their high school is Fully Accredited through GAC.
Middle/High School Only
- Westridge Christian Academy (formerly Orchard Academy) - Marietta 30064 - Westridge has long held with a tradition of small classes with
individual attention and high academic standards. All Classes are fully
accredited. Campus classes – Take one or take a full load to complete your fully accredited academic transcript. New campus opening near KSU and I75 this FALL! Independent Studies – Complete the coursework at home or at another
homeschool program and get it certified through our Independent Studies
and Record's Keeping program
Online Public Schools
- Georgia Cyber Academy - Grades K-12, uses K12.com curriculum and Study Island. All courses and materials are free. If you qualify for the free lunch program, you can also get a loaned computer and internet reimbursement. A state certified teacher is assigned and they provide live lessons in multiple subjects. Works with IEP and provides services to special needs students. Lots of field trips that are free or reduced rate.
- Georgia Connections Academy - tuition-free, K–12, public cyber school that students attend from home. GACA brings a fully accredited public education directly to your family’s door—anywhere in Georgia. State certified teachers; online lessons
- Georgia Virtual School - middle school and high school level courses across the state. Georgia Virtual School provides a teacher led, virtual classroom environment. over 100 course offerings in the core content areas, world languages, CTAE, electives, and a vast AP course selection. Local public schools pay tuition for their students who are enrolled in a GaVS course which is part of the student's regular school day. State (FTE) funds are available Fall and Spring semesters for Georgia private and home school students. These funds are available with a limited allotment each school year, so they are distributed on a first-come first-served basis.
- Atlanta Educational Solutions - Offering home school classes to teach subjects that home school parents are seeking additional help with. They also offer extracurricular activities (like bridge building, newspaper writing, etc.) as activities that will supplement what they are learning in school.
- Mrs Summers French Classes - Summer Osborn is offering a French I course in her home in Acworth, near Powder Springs and Dallas. Students will meet on Wednesdays from 2:15-3:30, and will complete about 30-45 minutes of homework on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. If one more student joins the class, the cost will be $12 / lesson ($48 / month), and if two more join it will be $10 / lesson ($40 / month.) For more information, send an email to email@example.com. About me: My name is Summer Osborn. I taught high school French in public schools for five years before becoming a stay at home mom. I have taught homeschoolers in my home since October 2009, and I homeschool my two children. References are available upon request.
- Georgia Enrichment Program for Homeschoolers - weekly classes for homeschoolers at Roberts School in
downtown Acworth (4681 School Street, Acworth, GA 30101). Classes held on Weds. Currently enrolling for Session 4 - March 9th through May 4th. Preschool through Middle School.
- Independent Study Academy - accredited (Georgia Accrediting
Commission-GAC) independent educational service that provides customized
educational programs for individuals or small groups of students for
whom the traditional classroom model does not fit. Alpharetta, GA
- LEO - Lifelong Educational Opportunites - community resource center offering classes, activities, clubs, and
events to the homeschool community and families seeking opportunities to
enrich the traditional school experience. Located in Cumming, GA
Homeschool Support Groups
- Pelican Partners is a unique early college prep program for kids in grades 4-8. Students participate in 1 hour classes on Saturdays and receive rigorous instruction to help boost skills (reading, writing, etc.) necessary for success in high school and college.
- Johnson Ferry Home School Support Group - is open to parents of preschoolers through 12th
graders. Our purpose is to encourage each other through prayer,
fellowship, and idea sharing as we follow God’s leading in home
education. Memberships requirements - statement of faith, dues ($20).
- SPHERE (Sandy Plains Home Educators Raising Excellence) is an open home school group that was intended to minister to home school families in the Marietta, East Cobb area. The group meets once a month for a time of fellowship, support, idea-swapping and godly encouragement. Along with the meetings, we meet at least once a month for field trips, parties and other special events.
- Roswell Peach - Roswell Peach, Parent Educators and Children Homeschooling is a family-integrated support group organized to help home educators in the Roswell,GA area. There are also families in our group who homeschool in other North Atlanta areas. We are a Christian All Inclusive group open to all faiths; however we meet in a Christian organization, open with prayer, and many of our members hold a Christian worldview. Our purpose is to support homeschool families through social and educational activities. We work together to offer moms meetings, park days, events, an annual presentation night, and field trips. Park Days are on Fridays at Roswell Area Park. Moms meetings are generally the 3rd Thursday of the month from 7:30 - 9:30pm at a Fellowship Bible Church in Rm 201. As a family-integrated organization, we strive to offer whole-family activities whenever possible.
- Communities for Home Educators for Christ - support group for Georgia families who homeschool in Cobb, Paulding and
surrounding counties. CHEC is a cooperative homeschool community.
Our dues are $20 per year.
- Homeschoolers of Alpharetta - open organization with members from the community of Alpharetta, North Fulton, and surrounding areas. Homeschoolers of Alpharetta is a ministry of Alpharetta First United Methodist Church and is a Christian organization that upholds the Christian lifestyle and beliefs, but we welcome families who do not currently share our faith.
- Summit Homeschool Outreach (SHOUT) - A resource for encouragement, prayer and fellowship in a Christ
-centered atomosphere. We have monthly field trips, encouragement
meetings, social activities for children and families. Contact Heather Turner
- CHOOSE - Christian Homeschoolers Offering Ongoing Support and Encouragement - organization offering support and resources to
Christian Homeschool families in the North Metro Atlanta Area. We provide group activities such as field
trips and informational events such as our North Metro Area Homeschool
Music and Art Classes
- Abrakadoodle Art Class Schedule- Various location
- Art Station - Shanty offers both children's and adult classes including drawing, painting, pottery, glass fusing, drama, and more.Summer Camps
- Bravo Homeschool Strings - offers several levels of string orchestra for young musicians, in a homeschool-friendly environment. If you play the violin, viola, cello, or string bass and have been wishing for a place to play besides your living room, Bravo is the place for you!
- di Domizio Art Center - Classical art classes - Ages 6 to Adult - Sandy Springs, GA
- Joyful Noise - homeschool band run on Christian principles, meeting weekly on Fridays at Eastside Baptist Church in Marietta, Georgia.
- Out of the Box Art Studio - Home school classes: Curriculum based, earlier times, graded for high school, pre-school classes.10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m
- Kids Chess
- DancinGrits - Ballroom Dance and Etiquette Training for youth - Grace Community Church in Marietta on Monday evenings and Latimer Hall in Woodstock, GA on Saturday evenings.
- Christian Family Theater - meets on Mondays at Marietta Church of God- Alpabits (ages 5-8 5PM - 6:30 PM), Alpha Troupe (ages 8-12 5 PM - 6:30 PM), Omega 1 Troupe (ages 12-14 5PM - 6:30 PM), Omega 2 Troupe (ages 14-18 7 PM - 9 PM)
- List of tutors in Marietta area.